Agrotourism cluster "Path of Veles"
Living history of ancestors - the agro-estates along the ethno-tourist route „Path of Veles” offer their guests to explore the picturesque landscapes, unique rural flavor and cultural traditions in the heart of the Vitebsk region in Belarus.
Agrotourism cluster "Path of Veles" was founded in May 2017.
The goals of the organization are:
- development of rural tourism;
- development of ecological agriculture, handicrafts;
- development of a network of local tourist routes and animation programs;
- assistance in the social adaptation of persons with disabilities, their involvement in socially useful work, increasing their cultural level and well-being;
- the development of competence of the local entrepreneurs.
The territory of the cluster: Belarus, Vitebsk region, Glubokoye district (villages Ives, Khroly, Sho, Bobruishchyna, Skrabatuny farm)
The agro-estates united within the cluster offer tourist tours with diverse entertainment animation programs including visits to horse and goat farms, contact zoos, tasting of cheeses and, as well as masterclasses, regional ceremonies, games, folklore performances etc.
Within the national tourism contest "Know Belarus" held in December 2020, the "Path of Veles" cluster became the winner in the category "Agrotouristic Cluster". The agroecology-estate "Utrina" became the winner in the category "Innovative approach".
Examples of the activities
- production of eco-friendly products (honey sweets, goat cheese, homemade bread),
- participation in exhibitions, festivals and fairs;
- eco festival ECO-LAND as part of the Sustainable Development Week;
- science festivals, "The Dive fest" divers festival, "The Bear" ecological festival;
- folk festival "Kupalye in the Center of Europe", "Indian Kupalye" fest;
- children's holiday camp.