Country Escape Belarus
Promotion of agro- and eco-tourism in Belarus on the international and domestic levels
Belarusian Association of Agro- and Ecotourism “Country Escape” is a non-profit non-governmental organization created in November 2002. Its members comprise more than 600 people. These are mostly Belarusian country dwellers providing ecotourist products and promoting environmentally friendly lifestyle and strengthen the local community.
The main objective of the Association is to support activities of entrepreneurs who wish to work in that business as well as assistance to the development of rural tourism in Belarus.
Belarusian Association of Agro- and Ecotourism “Country Escape” tasks include:
- Getting people from rural territories involved in eco-farming, rural and eco-tourism, handicraft activities, enhancement of their economic and social activity;
- Development of projects contributing to the development of rural territories;
- Popularization of rural and eco-tourism, organic farming, cultural heritage;
- Contribution to the development of national legislation related to the activities in the rural area;
- Promotion of international cooperation along the lines that conform with the Association’s objective;
- Design standards and educational programs for agrotourism activities;
- Development of agrotourism product “Country Escape” and its promotion and popularization.